Dryer Vent Cleaning
offer thorough cleaning of your dryer vent to reduce blockage resulting in less
dry times, less electricity as well as a safer home and business environment. Have
a more serious dryer problem? Go to our services page, to the Dryer
Vent Exhaust Installations sections. We're sure we have a
solution for you.
Why have my vent cleaned?........
Statistic: Dryer fires result in 20
deaths, 370 injuries and over $75 million in property damage each year primarily
due to dryer lint. (source: Consumer Product Safety Commission)
Many people who dry clothes should clean the lint trap (but don't) each time
they use the dryer. When they don't, some lint will go around the lint trap and
start to go down the exhaust path to the outside of your building. Over time,
the lint builds up and can cause a blockage. This can result in carbon monoxide
entering your home or possibly a house fire. In addition, animals entering your
home through the dryer exhaust think lint makes a great blanket in the
This service could:
- Increase the life of your dryer (have you priced
- Decrease your electric and gas bills (if you can't
increase your salary, decrease your living expenses. It's like giving
yourself a raise!).
- Remove possible safety hazards (exhaust goes inside your home).
- Protect your family's health. Avoid exhaust leaks.
- Prevent exterior vents from becoming a nesting area
for unwelcome birds and bugs.
- Reduce contaminants in the air which could help
- Save your home from fire (by identifying a
weak gas hose to removing lint obstructions that burn very easily).
- How do I know if I am in need of this
You are likely in need of our service if:
- If your laundry is taking more than one
cycle time to dry your clothes.
- The dryer stops during the dryer cycle
(with less ventilation, the heat is damaging your dryer) sometimes more than
- No lint is on the screen (this says no
ventilation is taking place).
- Clothes could smell moldy.
- Carbon Monoxide alarms in your house are
activating (generally caused by dryer, furnace or gas stove issues).
- What can I do?
Have your dryer exhaust cleaned once per year
(depending on frequency of use, items dried, conditions near the dryer). We can come to your home and
clean the entire venting system for your dryer in most cases for $84.95 (consumer
grade). If we need to access your outside dryer vent through a deck, there is a
charge to open your deck (confused? Ask us details). No
estimates, or surprise charges. Our
6-step service includes:
- Clean out your exhaust connection pipe to the
- Inspect your dryer connections from the dryer to
- Inspect electrical connection for your dryer.
- Inspect gas lines, cable and/or
- Clean exhaust path inside the dryer when space
- With stackable washer/dryers, inspect water line
*Optional services available include:
- Inspect and (if necessary) *replace hoses (additional cost).
- Inspect and (if necessary) *replace worn
out/dangerous gas line connection hoses on gas dryers (additional cost).
- Inspect and (if necessary) *replace washer hose
and/or water supply hoses.
- Secure washer hoses to drain source (on stackable
- Inspect and report to customer potential visible
issues noticed while providing service.
***Notice from the Consumer Products Safety
Commission (March 2008)***
How often should I get my dryer vent cleaned?
Generally speaking, you should have it done
once per year. This is recommended because if there is something starting to go
wrong, it can be caught early before any further problems occur. Excessive build-up of
lint can build up faster if napkins or tissues are accidentally included in the
wash (have you ever washed a piece of paper in your pocket to later see it in
pieces?). This ends up in (or past) the lint trap. If you notice the drying time
has increased, this can also alert you to potential problems. When the dryer is
operating inefficiently, it is wasting gas and/or electricity to do the same
Note: For safety reasons, most towns
have established code as to what type of exhaust tubing should be used for
dryers. Builders should use rigid pipe metal (not flexible) to run to the outside wall. If your
exhaust vent is made of flexible vinyl (generally a faded white in color), it is
flammable and should be replaced. When we find improper exhaust tubing, we will
bring it to the attention of the customer and recommend it to be replaced. If the customer
requests, we can provide a written estimate within 48 hours.
I own an apartment complex with industrial dryers. What should I
Call us for information on a maintenance plan. Your
dryer likely needs our service more than consumer models. Some of your tenants
might not be as
careful with a dryer that is not their property. Protect the safety of your tenants as
well as your building by keeping a safe environment. It also reduces gas and
electricity usage. A maintenance plan makes
good financial sense. The electricity savings alone could practically buy you
another dryer over the short term.
I live in a town home and would like my dryer vent cleaned properly. What should I
Often times, associations have agreements with companies that come out to clean behind your dryer without checking the entire exhaust path. Not only is this inefficient with gas and electricity, it is also dangerous! In order for your dryer to properly vent the exhaust to the outside, the entire path needs to be cleaned-with proper protection against animals entering. Call us for information on a maintenance plan as well as a group rate. Having neighbors with dryers as well, it is very important that everyone maintains their exhaust.
No one knows the cost to replace a dryer better than
owners of Laundromats. Utility costs are the primary costs for this business
(not including leasing of property). One service call will reduce your costs so much, gas and
electricity savings could easily be re-directed back into your wallet. We can
provide a substantial discount to address all your dryers at the same time.
How can you schedule a cleaning?
- Call today to schedule an appointment. (630)
- Complete a feedback/request form from the link below. A
representative will contact you within 24 hours or
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Personal Check (with proper identification)
- Invoice (prior credit account required)
We are certain that you will love our service
and will refer people to us. When they call for an appointment, have them
mention your name as the referral, we'll give you credit for one referral (10 referrals and your next cleaning is free!). If you choose, you may direct the
referral savings to someone other than yourself.